Mind Lab Pro and NooCube are types of nootropics. In fact, there are several types of nootropics including synthetic, natural, synthetic-natural ingredient hybrids, etc. The several different types of commercialized nootropics have different mechanisms and a wide variety of parameters despite working in the same field of health.
Two of the most popular nootropics are:
- NooCube and
- Mind Lab Pro.
We will get into their composition, differences, similarities, and overall verdict.
Nootropics are most commonly known as smart drugs or cognitive enhancers. It gives a healthy boost to all forms of cognition functions and our overall brain functioning and health. Thereby aiding us to perform better in our day-to-day life. There are two major categories of nootropics:
- Smart Drugs – These are synthetic chemicals designed to increase focus, memory, learning, concentration, motivation, and mental clarity. Examples include Adderall, Modafinil, Ritalin, and Provigil.
- Brain Enhancers – These are natural substances that help improve brain function. Examples include caffeine, nicotine, and Ginkgo Biloba.
The term “nootropic” was first coined in 1972 by physician-scientist John Cade. He defined it as a drug that increases brain function without causing addiction. Since then, scientists have identified hundreds of different chemical compounds that could potentially enhance brain health. Many of these compounds are found in nature and are present in food. Others are synthetic chemicals developed by pharmaceutical companies.
- Nootropics are a well-known type of cognitive enhancer that is used for memory boosting, brain function enhancing, brain nerve problems, cognitive and behavioral problems, brain fog, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, and anxiety.
- It helps our brain settle down from a hyperactive and exhaustive stage by reducing stress and promoting better brain health and mental energy.
- Several studies have even praised nootropics for their effective influence and contribution to treating diseases like memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s.
- Introducing nootropics in your body helps the nervous system increase blood circulation to the brain. While at the same time increasing the production and transmission of important nutrients, better oxygen flow, and energy to the brain as well. Matter of fact, our brain needs a massive supply of oxygenated blood to function properly. The amount of blood and oxygen supply that our brain needs are 15% of the body’s total blood and oxygen supply.
- They also act as vasodilators for the brain arteries and veins. It also provides energy to the brain and reduces inflammation.
- Amongst all the various benefits of nootropics, one of the most important is the production and promotion of neurotransmitters.
- The use of nootropics protects the brain from harmful toxins and aging factors.
- Stimulation of new neuron cells (nerve growth factor) and increase in activities, thinking, and mental abilities of the brain are other benefits and effects of nootropics. It is thus a well-respected and popular type of supplement for increasing neuroplasticity.
They can be used by any adult, beginning from teens over the age of eighteen and older people suffering from brain fog, cognitive problems, and deteriorating brain function. Anyone who suffers from stress, anxiety, chronic fatigue that results in a hazy unfocused brain, memory loss diseases, depression, ADHD/ADD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), etc.
Minors including toddlers, young teens, and babies are not supposed to take any type of drugs unless suggested otherwise by doctors. Pregnant women, breastfeeding nursing mothers, people suffering from serious long-term physical and mental energy loss conditions, people undergoing heavy medications and people who are under medical supervision are not supposed to take any types of drugs that are not prescribed or clearly suggested by their doctors or medical caretakers.
No. #1 Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic developed by Opti Nutra and has been scientifically backed by several clinical studies. It is one of the most popular, fast-working, and highly beneficial brain power boosters or cognitive enhancers in the current market. Mind Lab Pro is a dietary supplement composed of 11 evidence-backed nootropics designed to boost work performance, help with managing and multitasking under stress, creative problem solving, and more. It contains all the following nootropics and crucial vitamins, that work together synergistically.
Mind Lab Pro aims at maximizing nootropic’s beneficial effects for:
- Reaction and processing
Mind Lab Pro activates its full functions after 30 minutes of consumption and it induces full mental clarity and alertness in its first stages. Then comes a better and sharper focus. Better memorizing and remembering abilities. Your brain can now focus better on concentration for a long stretch of time without getting overwhelmed or distracted. Furthermore, after regular use, there are established long-term effects of improved mental energy, mental agility, cognition, and mood.
A bottle of 60 pills costs $69. And on ordering three bottles, a fourth one is added for free. And shipping is free on ordering three or more bottles.
2 – 4 capsules are recommended to be consumed daily. 2 before breakfast, with water or juice. And 2 more before lunch or in the early evening in case of demanding situations,
Here are the possible side effects of the ingredients of Mind Lab Pro:
- Citicoline may cause side effects like stomach discomfort, diarrhea, headache, etc.
- Avoid using lion’s mane mushroom products if you are pregnant. People with diabetes should also avoid taking these as they can lower their blood glucose levels.
- Other nootropic ingredients may also have some side effects like sleepiness or sleeplessness, mild gas problems, etc. However, the state-of-the-art formula used to manufacture this nootropic supplement eliminates several risks of such side effects.
- According to an analysis of consumer experience, side effects are rare and the natural ingredients help ease such effects.
Mind Lab Pro has been often called the cleanest nootropic blend that functions just as it advertises. In fact, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the natural ingredients enhance the benefits and reduce the risks of side effects.
- It is 100% synthetic stimulant-free.
- It also does not depend on caffeine to improve the impact of its benefits. It is caffeine friendly.
- It is made in FDA-approved labs.
- All ingredients are clinically proven.
- It is manufactured on GMP-compliant premises.
- Fulfills all of its key benefits excellently.
- No proprietary blends.
- It is vegan-friendly.
To learn more about Mind Lab Pro and how it works on overall brain health, visit the Official Website.
- It is a bit pricey.
- Shipping is not free unless you purchase in bulk, which is, three and more.
- Results may vary on different individuals due to various reasons like depending on the person’s unique brain chemical production and composition.
- On the first few days of using it, you may feel mildly drowsy.
- Only available only on the official website.
No. #2 NooCube
NooCube is a high-quality brand, manufactured by Wolfson Brands Ltd., that has captured attention with its modern and scientifically backed formula for brain stimulant supplements or nootropics. Its craze is well known and it is a high-demand product indeed. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients in NooCube.
The main elements of NooCube’s key benefits are –
- Sharp focus
- Boosted memory
- Increased attention
- Lowered stress levels
- Enhanced eye-brain coordination and connection.
The unique, patented and effective ingredients of NooCube make this supplement a favorite in the market. The antioxidant effects of the botanical and natural compounds paired with the cognition enhancer abilities, help the human brain achieve all of these benefits. Other benefits also include – stress relief, vision improvement, eye health, healthy sleeping patterns, better concentration, mental alertness, relief from brain fog, and better mood.
A bottle of 60 pills costs $59.99. On an order of two bottles, a third one is added for free. And another exciting bulk offer is, that if you order three bottles, you get three extra bottles for free. Shipping is free on all orders.
The dosage recommendation is a maximum of 2 pills in the morning, preferably before or after morning breakfast.
Considering the natural ingredient lists, the risks of side effects of both nootropics are minimal, if not at all. It does not use proprietary blends of ingredients. It is safe, herbal, GMO-free, gluten-free, caffeine free, and additive-free.
- All ingredients, including the final formula, are well tested and backed by scientific evidence, and are clinically proven.
- It is 100% vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- It contains no GMO, caffeine, gluten, or additives.
- No risks of side effects as most ingredients are herbal and all ingredients are natural.
- Developed in FDA-approved lab and manufacturing facilities.
- No proprietary blends.
- Has got a better money-back guarantee policy.
- It is pricey. However, it is slightly less than Mind Lab Pro.
- It is only sold exclusively on their official website.
- Results may vary depending on the individual brain’s chemical composition and the nootropic effects on such.
Common ingredients of Mind Lab Pro and NooCube
There are four nootropic ingredients that make up the potent blends of NooCube and Mind Lab Pro. They are –
L- theanine is a compound that is found naturally in green tea and black tea it is a nonproteinic amino acid. It is also widely available in supplement form.
- L-Theanine increases alpha brain waves that are responsible for creativity.
- It promotes calming neurotransmitters while modulating the brain’s attention circuitry.
- L-Theanine also maintains clear thinking during aging.
- Other benefits of L-Theanine include – better mental focus, improved sleep, increased cognitive performance, weight loss, and reduced blood pressure.
L-Tyrosine is a type of amino acid that is created from another type of naturally occurring amino acid, Phenylalanine. It is utilized and metabolized by the human body to produce catecholamines such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
- The body uses tyrosine to develop chemical messengers and stimulants that promote mental alertness.
- Tyrosine is helpful for people with depression, narcolepsy, ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome, erectile dysfunction, heart disease, etc.
- It also boosts mental performance, memory, alertness, athletic performance, and healthy stress management.
- Bacopa Monnieri
Bacopa Monnieri (BM) is a perennial herb native to India and Southeast Asia. BM is known to have many medicinal uses including:
- Memory enhancement,
- Boosting cognitive performance,
- Anxiety relief, and
- Stress reduction.
In Ayurveda, BM is considered a rejuvenating tonic herb and is often used to treat cognitive decline associated with aging.
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 aids with the proper functioning of the nervous system, the formation of red blood cells, and DNA synthesis.
- It supports the production of neurotransmitters and neurohormones and aids in the formation of myelin sheaths around nerves and brain cells in the central nervous system. Without adequate levels of vitamin B12, the nervous system may not function properly.
Symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include fatigue, depression, memory loss, poor concentration, unhealthy weight loss, vision problems, etc.
Unique Ingredients in Mind Lab Pro
Citicoline, also known as cytidine diphosphate choline, is a naturally occurring chemical found in the brain. It can be taken orally as a medicine or supplement as well as an injection shot into the veins or the muscles, to help cope with memory loss due to aging, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, bipolar disorder, a group of eye disorders that can lead to vision loss (glaucoma) and several other brain-related health disorders.
- Citicoline works by helping the brain develop the production of a natural brain chemical called phosphatidylcholine.
- It also increases the number of other chemicals that help improve the functions of nerves and neurons and aids them to transmit messages to the brain from muscles, the central nervous system, and all the organs and vice versa.
Phosphatidylserine is a part of the cell structure in our body. The human body is equipped to make phosphatidylserine, however, most of what our body and brain require come from what nutrients we consume. It is also available as a supplement.
- Phosphatidylserine is a fatty substance that protects brain cells, carries messages back and forth between them, is involved in blood clotting, and protects against mental decline and memory loss.
- It’s particularly vital for the proper functioning of nerve cells within the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine supplements are used as a natural remedy for a variety of mental and improved cognitive functions like it battles insomnia, memory loss, and mental decline that all occur due to aging. This is also due to the fact that this vital chemical’s production stops due to old age, which is why supplements are needed to make up for that loss.
- Hericium Erinaceus or Lion’s mane mushroom –
Lion’s mane mushrooms are also popularly known as yamabushitake. They are large, white, shaggy mushrooms that resemble a lion’s mane and belong to the category of a type of polypore fungus. Lion’s mane mushroom contains ergosterols, polysaccharides, beta-glucans, and various vitamins and minerals.
- Its benefits include promoting mental clarity, memory retention power, focus, and verbal fluency.
- It also helps deal with mood swings and depression.
- Hericium Erinaceus is also considered a powerful adaptogen, meaning that it helps the body cope with stressful situations.
- Rhodiola Rosea
Rhodiola Raaaa is a perennial herb that can be found in the colder regions of Europe, Asia, Canada, and some other parts of North America.
- Rhodiola Rosea is known for its adaptogenic properties and is often used to treat fatigue, stress, depression, exercise or work fatigue, diabetes and anxiety.
- In addition to these uses, Rhodiola rosea has been shown to have neuroprotective effects.
It is also known as arctic root or golden root and has over 140 active ingredients in it, of which the most potent are salidroside and rosavin.
- Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is necessary for the production of neurotransmitters, hormones, and enzymes.
- These neurotransmitters and hormones help regulate mood, sleep patterns, appetite, and hormone levels.
- Enzymes produced by the body break down food into usable energy. Without adequate amounts of vitamin B6, these enzymes may not work properly.
- Maritime pine bark extract
Pine bark extract is a natural remedy that contains many different types of phytonutrients. Which are highly beneficial natural compounds with antioxidant properties.
- These phytonutrients are known to help improve memory and concentration.
- Pine bark extract is often recommended for people who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin B9
Vitamin B9 or Folate is necessary for the production and synthesis of vital neurotransmitters, including – serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, glutamate, etc.
- These neurotransmitters help the human brain regulate mood, sleep, appetite, memory, cognitive functioning, and learning abilities.
- It is also involved in the production of healthy oxygenated red blood cells and DNA synthesis.
Ingredients in NooCube
- Alpha GPC
Alpha GPC is a type of glycerophosphocholine (GPC) that is produced naturally in our bodies. Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine is a semisynthetic lecithin derivative and a deacylated phosphatidylcholine derivative. It is known to play a role in memory function, nerve transmission, and muscle contraction. It is also involved in the formation of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter responsible for transmitting signals between neurons.
- Huperzine A
Huperzine A is a natural extract from Chinese club moss or the Huperzia Serrata. Its primary function is to increase acetylcholine levels, which increases the memory and learning capacity of the human brain. Huperzine is considered safe for humans and it has been a popular substance used medically to study its effects on patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Cat’s Claw concentrate
Cat’s claw (Uncaria guianensis) is a vine native to tropical South America. It has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat arthritis, asthma, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, high blood pressure, and malaria. Cat’s claw contains alkaloids called uncarine A and B, which have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune – system boosting effects.
The nootropic effects of cat’s claw are –
- Studies suggest that cat’s claw has neuroprotective properties.
- It helps fight against the brain plague that causes memory loss.
- The two active compounds – Uncarine A and B, have been shown to increase serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood, sleep, appetite, and sexual function.
- Cat’s claw is also thought to improve memory, cognitive function and concentration.
- Many studies have shown that cat’s claw has antidepressant qualities.
- Oat straw concentrate
It contains high amounts of antioxidants, Vitamin B complex, fiber, and protein. In addition, oat straw contains high concentrations of magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, and phosphorus. These elements help to keep our bodies functioning properly and are essential for our mental health.
It is a type of naturally occurring compound found in plants. It’s been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and several studies have suggested that it may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease. In fact, some researchers even suggest that resveratrol may slow the cognitive decline associated with aging.
- Lutemax 2020
Lutemax 2020 is a highly effective, scientifically backed, and patented extract, formulated with a combination of 3 macular carotenoids. The cognitive benefits of this are –
- It helps combat oxidative stress.
- Improves brain health, memory, attention, focus, and learning performance.
- It helps promote better vision and eye health.
- It also improves brain-eye coordination, photo stress recovery, and contrast sensitivity.
- It promotes better sleep, reduces stress, and improves mood.
- Protects vision, brain health, neurotransmitters and nerve cells from ‘blue light’ exposure that stems from continuous and regular use of digital devices.
Pterostilbene is a type of natural phytoalexin that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and neuroprotective effects. In addition, pterostilbene may help protect neurons from oxidative damage and improves cognitive function.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7)
Vitamin B7 or Biotin, a water-soluble vitamin, helps to produce fatty acids, neurotransmitters, and enzymes in the body. These fats aid in the process of building cells and providing energy. Biotin is also involved in many metabolic processes including protein synthesis, DNA repair, and cellular respiration. Therefore, helping improve the brain and immune health.
- Vitamin B1
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is an antioxidant vitamin that helps maintain the normal functioning of brain cells and the nervous system.
- Thiamine is involved in many metabolic processes including carbohydrate metabolism, protein synthesis, fat metabolism, and nucleotide biosynthesis.
- It also promotes nerve health, better mood, clear mind, and energy.
Differences Between Mind Lab Pro and Noocube
Here are all the ways we can compare these supplements:
|Mind Lab Pro||NooCube|
|Price||A bottle containing 60 pills cost $69.||A 60 pill bottle costs $59.99.|
|Dosage||2-4 capsules max daily are recommended.||2 capsules max daily are recommended.|
|Shipping||Shipping charges are free on orders of three or more bottles.||Shipping charges are free on all orders.|
|Money back guarantee||Money back guarantee is for 60 days and excludes shipping or handling costs.||There is a 60 days 100% money-back guarantee.|
|Official Website||Visit the Mind Lab Pro Official Website.||Visit the Noocube Official Website.|
|Similar Ingredients||There are four common compounds and ingredients that are found in both these supplements – L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, Bacopa Monnieri, and Vitamin B12.|
|Key features or benefits|
|Recommendable?||Both of them are highly recommendable. However, a clearer verdict on which one you should use is given below.|
Final verdict: Which Wins – Mind Lab Pro or NooCube?
Both NooCube and Mind Lab Pro are highly recommendable and winning supplements that have a vast range of long-term brain health and overall health benefits for their users and are more or less on the same plane as high-quality, safe, and effective nootropics. Considering the pros and the cons, both products have strikingly similar benefits, effects, and cons. However, there still exists a question of which one will suit you better then.
The answer is that it totally depends, as the brain chemical composition and the general mental and immune health of all individuals differ from one another.
There are certain properties of Mind Lab Pro that are unique.
- The key benefits of this supplement revolve around solidifying focus and helping the user concentrate without exhausting his brain power on mental fatigue, brain fog, or mental distractions.
- It also boosts creativity, mental clarity, motivation, attention, and mood.
- Therefore, it is best suited for students, office workers, professionals who work in the education field, etc. Basically, it promotes better work performance.
Similarly, NooCube also contains certain features that are unique in themselves.
- A few of the many key benefits are – improved vision and brain-eye connection, memory retention, mental alertness, low stress, and healthy sleeping patterns. Therefore, it may also suit hard workers who experience mental fatigue, physical stress, sleep irregularity, etc.
- People who are suffering from migraines, eye health deterioration, and mental stress from the daily and constant exposure to ‘blue light’ may benefit from this nootropic supplement.
Therefore, for some people, NooCube works more effectively than any other nootropics and sometimes, Mind Lab Pro might just give you your desired results and more. Both products are equally safe, natural and herbal in composition.